Kissing is a powerful weapon that when used correctly can be used to disarm the person of our dreams, bring down their walls, and melt their heart—not to mention all the health benefits that are acquired from kissing. So kissing not only feels good but has other benefits as well? WINNING! In this article, we’ll look at some kissing fun facts and benefits that come with puckering up our lips and smooching with the one we love.
Kissing Fun Facts and Benefits
Kissing someone you’re attracted to feels like magic! There’s a sensory type of chemistry that happens in the lips when they come together in a passionate embrace.
This is because our lips have so many nerve receptors that make them ultra sensitive to sensory stimulation. As a matter of fact, scientists have cataloged lips as one of the most sensitive parts of the body. They describe our lips as being an erogenous zone, even more sensitive than the tips of your fingers!
20 Fun Facts About Kissing
- The Bonobos monkeys are the only animals that truly kiss! They are the original French kissers! You gotta hand it to these oversexed primates. They love to have sex and they like kissing, especially by sticking their tongues in the other bonobo’s mouth.
- Most people turn to the right when they kiss–probably related to the time we were in the womb.
- Most people close their eyes when they kiss.
- Some cultures find kissing disgusting. Only 46% of human cultures kiss for romantic purposes!
- The Middle East has the highest acceptance for romantic kissing: 100%. Just don’t do it in public!
- Complex societies kiss more than basic ones.
- Over 80,000,000 bacteria are transferred during a 10-second kiss!
- Our foraging ancestors liked red fruit and that’s why red lips are associated with seduction.
- Kissing reduces stress levels by lowering cortisol.
- At a subconscious level, kissing triggers the bond-making chemicals that were triggered by breastfeeding.
- National Kissing Day is on June 23.
- Jack and Rose’s passionate kiss on the front deck of the Titanic is considered one of the most romantic in cinema history.
- In 16th century Italy, kissing carried a penalty of death! Talk about paying the ultimate price for a little peck!
- Chinese people learned about kissing from Westerners and they still don’t like it too much!
- More than half of all people experience their first kiss before they turn 14 years old.
- Lips have their own “lip” print. No two lip prints are the same.
- The Kama Sutra contains over 30 different kinds of kisses.
- Kissing at the end of the wedding can be traced to Roman times when they would seal the contracts with a kiss!
- Your pupils dilate when you kiss.
- In the state of Colorado, kissing a sleeping woman is against the law!
Our lips have so many nerve receptors that make them ultra sensitive to sensory stimulation.As a matter of fact, scientists have cataloged lips as one of the most sensitive parts of the body. They describe our lips as being an erogenous zone, even more sensitive than the tips of your fingers!
10 Amazing Benefits of Kissing
- Kissing boosts oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine, the happy-making hormones!
- Kissing reduces stress by lowering cortisol levels.
- Kissing reduces your blood pressure by dilating your blood vessels.
- Kissing provides a boost to your immune system and can reduce allergies.
- Kissing prevents aging by tightening your facial muscles!
- Kissing promotes bonding with your sexual partner.
- Kissing promotes weight loss (really!) by burning up to 26 calories a kiss.
- Kissing makes you more alert because adrenaline is released.
- Kissing prevents cavities! It increases the flow of saliva which cleanses your teeth!
- Kissing can determine if you are compatible with your lover.
So go ahead pucker up and smooch some more. Because, kissing not only feels good, kissing helps you bond in your relationship, and has amazing benefits to boot!
And if you want to master the art of kissing, check out my review of How to Kiss a Man to Make Him Fall in Love. It’s the ultimate kissing guide that will teach you how to reach your lover’s heart by way of his lips!