He finally asked you out. Or she said yes to going out on a date with you. Going on your first date can be both nerve-racking and exhilarating. You want to make sure you get things right and make a good impression but at the same time, you want to keep it light and fun.
10 Fun Ideas for Going on Your First Date
Sure, you will have butterflies in your stomach and love will be in the air, but where should you go for the big date so you can impress your date and show off your best personality?
Believe it or not, a lot of people, especially men, struggle with thinking of ideas for a first date. But stress no more for I have compiled ten awesome, low-cost first date activities that will ensure you make your love connection without breaking the bank.
Ten Fun First Date Ideas
1) Take a Scenic Walk. This is one of the most romantic and easy-going ways to make the most of a first date. In essence, the goal is to take a scenic route with your first date (i.e. pleasant trail, boardwalk) and simply enjoy the view while talking to the person. This is easy for anyone to adapt to and is a good “first date” as it keeps things as efficient as possible while letting you get to know the other person and vice versa. To make more of the date, it is nice to have a picnic or eat at a small restaurant/cafe at the end of the route. This will make sure you get to enjoy something to round things up before calling it a day.
2) Go play Mini Golf. Having fun is one of those things people do want to have during their first date. It’s not always easy to go out on a first date and mini golf is a great icebreaker. This is one of those ideal solutions if you are finding it hard to figure things out. Mini golf works a lot of the times as it is unique, fun-filled, and is going to bring about positives anyone can get behind. Focus on enjoying mini golf because it will let both people have fun and you can grab a quick drink or something to eat afterward. This is what makes mini golf a lot of fun and is a good addition to the list of fun first dates.
3) Listen to Live Music at a Bar. Live music is a lot of fun and can go underrated when it comes to letting loose and just relaxing with the other person. This is ideal for those looking to stay in the same spot and want to get as comfortable as possible. The music should be good and it is going to let you enjoy your favorite beverage at the same time. Make sure to book early so you do get a good spot as that will be half the battle on your first date. With this in mind, you will be able to have a great time and it is going to be a memorable start to your relationship.
4) Make it a Netflix Date. Oh yes, this is a classic contemporary option and it is one to keep up your sleeve. If you are well aware of a show or movie both of you like then this is a good start. It is going to keep things simple and you will be able to settle in without having to worry about getting bothered along the way. One of the best ways to do this is to pick two movies (one by each person) and watch them so both people enjoy the date. This is a good way to know a bad movie isn’t going to ruin the date and push things downhill. In addition, you should also think about getting a few munchies to feast on during the movie as that is a good way to fill up.
5) Bake Cookies. Baking cookies is a good idea since it will bring both of you closer together. Baking is not an easy task and there is a lot of learning involved. This is what makes it fun as you are going to be able to do it as long as you are helping each other out. Having this type of scenario is a lot of fun as it tosses out variables and lets you two learn a lot about each other along the way. What more could a person want when it comes to a first date and having a bit of fun?!
6) Go Bowling. Bowling has always been a fun option because it lets you get active and have fun in a setting that is ideal for dates. Most people end up going bowling at least once or twice because of how well it works in situations such as these. People enjoy the idea of bowling and what better way to enjoy the moment than to have it as a first date venue? The bowling alley is going to be great fun and is going to make it easier to get to learn more about the other person as well. This is what makes it interesting.
7) Go Skating. Skating is one of those things people don’t think about because they might assume it’s not so easy and your date may not know how to skate. However, you can build a whole first date around it as long as you have a plan in mind. Go skating for 30 minutes and it will be a great way to laugh as you go around the rink. After you had the opportunity to skate a bit, it is far easier to head out for a simple coffee. This is why a lot of people enjoy the idea of skating as it works for most people.
8) Attend a Local Concert. This is an idea to keep in mind as you sit down to plan out the first date. The idea is to attend a local concert and make the most of it by having fun together. A local concert can be free because the idea is to enjoy each other’s company more than the actual music. Of course, if the music is good then that is an added bonus! The local concert is a nice idea because it will take some of the focus away from the both of you and will let things ease up a bit. This is great for those who don’t want to get stuck in a challenging situation and just want to have fun on their first date.
9) Go To The Zoo. A first date can go in many directions and the zoo is a good one. There is a simplicity and consistency to the notion of going to the zoo, which does sit well with first dates. People enjoy walking around and taking a look at the different animals while being able to mingle with each other at the same time. This is the ideal balance for those who want to have a great first date and just learn more about the world around them too.
10) Go Painting. The final “first date” idea to think about would do a “paint night” as it can be a lot of fun! Paint nights are ideal because many locations set them up throughout the week and you are able to start flexing those creative juices. There is a beauty to the idea of painting together, which does bring people together and works beautifully for a first date. Anyone thinking about a first date will know painting is a good option to move forward with.
So there you have it. These fun date ideas offer opportunities for you and your date to converse, engage, interact, and get to know each other. And of course, as your relationship progresses to something more serious and meaningful, you can always think of your first date and how special it was. It was the night you found your true love!
Do you have some ideas for a fun first date? Let me know in the comment section below!